Full Sail University
Intensive online program (synchronous & asynchronous learning, including virtual worlds) with strong emphasis on project-based learning, collaborative endeavors, educational theories, research techniques, and emerging technologies.
• Summa Cum Laude, GPA 4.0
• Course Director’s Award: Digital Media & Educational Applications
• EMDT Program Blog – http://joannapuellofullsail.wordpress.com
This blog narrates my EMDT journey from start to finish—complete with 12 months worth of projects, blog posts, recommended videos & URLs, and a “How to Start EMDT” tutorial for new students.
• Action Research Project
In order to make performing arts education more accessible to high-need students, I created World Upside Down–an online arts school. The test pilot included 40 15-minute video classes for drama, music, dance & theater for students K-2, which were integrated into 2 educational centers for 61 students in the Dominican Republic. The quantitative and qualitative data summarized in the test pilot showed a very positive response from the facilitators who implemented the video classes. Videos can be accessed at: https://sites.google.com/site/wudhub
Minor in Composite Speech
- Who’s Who Among Colleges and Universities (1998)
- Senior Class President (1997-1998)
- Vice-President of the Nu Alpha Phi Society (1996-1997)
- South Carolina Student Legislature Delegate (1996 – 1998)
- Debate Team Member (1995 – 1997)